When it comes to cannabis usage, there’s something to be said for staying within your comfort zone. Those who partake tend to have a specific routine and method of consumption, and can count on the effects they’ll experience each time they get high. However, coloring outside of the lines can bring its own set of benefits too.
No matter how you currently use cannabis, it helps to learn more about other methods that might spice up your routine or offer a different perspective that you can appreciate. While the ways of enjoying weed are nearly as numerous as the number of strains themselves, we want to focus on three of the more well-known methods to ensure you have a good grasp of the basics.
Falling For Flowers
Perhaps the most versatile option when it comes to enjoying cannabis, buying flowers from your local upscale dispensary like The Bakeréé is a great way to go. The use of flowers provides smokers with a ton of benefits including:
- The ability to buy as much or as little as you want. Most often you’ll end up with a bulk discount if you choose to purchase larger quantities at once.
- The chance to try new strains and flavors with ease. Since you can buy just a bit at a time, think about flower as a way to get a good variety of bud in one shopping trip.
- The freedom to use a variety of devices when smoking. Flowers can be rolled into a joint, put into a pipe, or used with a bong for different levels of convenience and portability.
There’s also something really magical about the ritual of using flowers compared to a premade cannabis product. Smelling the nugs as you break them apart gets your senses ready for the ride you’re about to take, and grinding your product before using it brings the entire experience to another level.
However, flowers aren’t 100% perfect either, particularly for individuals who don’t like to smoke. If you have sensitive lungs or just don’t like the feeling of smoking something, that pretty much rules out this method right off the bat. Flowers can also be a bit pricier depending on the strain you choose, and there is more work involved in the preparation of your weed before you get to enjoy it.
Planning With Pre-Rolls
Smokers on the go and newbies alike tend to gravitate toward pre-rolls for their convenience and ease of use. Whether you smoke them occasionally or they become your main method, pre-rolls bring a lot to the table:
- Even more versatile than flower, you can literally buy just one pre-roll if you want. Most dispensaries have a large menu of pre-roll options, which gives you the chance to stay on a budget or splurge a little bit.
- Like buying nugs, you too can experience a wide range of flavors and strains with pre-rolls. Keep in mind that not every strain in the shop will be available in a pre-roll form, but you’ll still have a good selection to choose from.
- Pre-rolls take the muss and fuss out of rolling your own joints. Whether you simply don’t like to grind and roll or you are physically incapable of doing so due to arthritis or chronic pain, pre-rolls are the supreme option for a grab and smoke method.
More often than not, a pre-roll can help you get by until your next payday, as many dispensaries have $2 or $3 options available. Instead of needing at least $10 or more for flower, you can enjoy a pre-roll with the change you find in your couch!
In many cases, pre-rolls get a bad wrap because it’s a great way for dispensaries to hide unsatisfactory product inside of a premade item. Some have been known to cut their pre-rolls with other plant material or they simply offload their stale weed into these pretty packages. Don’t let that deter you though because not all shops do this.
Eat Your Edibles
If you ask a regular cannabis user how they feel about edibles, you’ll more than likely get a favorable response, as this is a fun way to change up your routine with something delicious! Edibles have come a long way in the last few years, and now include products like chocolates, gummies, sodas, and more. What can you expect from an edible? Some of the perks include:
- If you’re put off by the smell of smoke yet still want to get high, edibles are the perfect choice. You get a tasty treat and all of the same wonderful effects that flower would provide.
- A dispensary can be your new candy store, with a ton of options to choose from. Make it your own personal mission to try every type of edible there is and then decide which ones are your favorites!
- Edibles are incredibly discrete, allowing you to enjoy their effects outside of your home. If you are planning a trip with friends or an evening on the town, eat an edible before you go (make sure you don’t drive!) and have a great time.
The great thing about edibles is that you can try making your own if you’re feeling adventurous, thus allowing you to have even greater versatility with flavors and textures. Simply purchase some flower, find a recipe you like, and get cooking!
Perhaps the only major drawback to consuming edibles is that they can be rather pricey depending on how frequently you indulge. Compared to lesser priced pre-rolls, you might be spending three to four times the amount for the same high.
How do you like to use cannabis? Do you tend to stick to one method only, or is it more fun to change up your routine a bit? As the cannabis industry continues to grow it’s only a matter of time before we see even more unique ways to get high and partake in this substance that we all know and love. Still unsure about which way to go? Chat with your budtender for top recommendations on flower, pre-rolls, and edibles alike!